Two Porsche 911 RSR racers take up round eight of the Tudor United SportsCar Championship from the front of the field on Sunday. In the qualifying session on the 5.263-kilometre circuit near Danville in the US state of Virginia, Porsche works driver Nick Tandy (Great Britain) secured pole position in the GTLM class for the second time this season. The Le Mans overall winner shares the cockpit of Porsche North America’s 911 RSR with Patrick Pilet (France), with whom he has won the last two races at Bowmanville and Road America. Tandy is the first GT driver since the Tudor United SportsCar Championship began in 2014 to have secured the front grid spot for a race three times.
Porsche factory pilot Jörg Bergmeister (Germany) planted the second 911 RSR campaigned by Porsche North America on position two. His teammate is Le Mans outright winner Earl Bamber (New Zealand), who recently set pole position at Road Atlanta. Porsche works driver Wolf Henzler (Germany) and Bryan Sellers (USA) take up the race from the fourth grid row at the wheel of the 911 RSR fielded by the Falken Tire customer team.
The race starts on Sunday at 13.05 hrs local time (19.05 hrs CEST) and runs over 2:40 hrs. It will be broadcast on the Internet under www.imsa.com.
1. Pilet/Tandy (F/GB), Porsche 911 RSR, 1:42.532 minutes
2. Bamber/Bergmeister (NZ/D), Porsche 911 RSR, + 0.097 seconds
3. Kaffer/Fisichella (D/I), Ferrari F458 Italia, + 0.590
4. Edwards/Luhr (USA/D), BMW Z4 GTE, + 0.792
5. Auberlen/Werner (USA/D), BMW Z4 GTE, + 0.824
6. Magnussen/Garcia (DK/E), Chevrolet Corvette, + 1.036
7. Gavin/Milner (GB/USA), Chevrolet Corvette, + 1.265
8. Henzler/Sellers (D/USA), Porsche 911 RSR, + 1.602